Barbossa Alanya Pirate Boat Tour
1 Adult USD 20
1 Child (4-12) USD 15
1 Infant (0-3) 0
Alanya Pirate Boat Tour Experiences
- You will sail to the Mediterranean with a pirate ship.
- You will watch the performances on the pirate ship. You will participate in group games.
- You will visit the caves around Alanya castle by boat.
- You will swim in the most popular bays of Alanya.
- If you are on your lucky day, you will be able to see dolphins.
Alanya Pirate Boat Tour Program
- Pick-up from the hotel or address between 09:00 and 09:45.
- Arrival at Alanya Harbor and boarding the boat for Alanya sunset boat tour.
- Departure from Alanya Harbor at 10:00.
- The first place to visit is the Red Tower and the bay where the historical shipyard is located.
- First swimming break in front of Alanya shipyard.
- Walking around Alanya Castle peninsula.
- Visit the pirates cave, the lovers cave and the phosphorus cave on the peninsula of Alanya Castle.
- Swimming break in the caves.
- Arrival at Ulas Bay.
- 1 hour break at Ulaş Bay.
- Lunch service.
- After dinner, cruise to the open sea.
- Break off the coast of Cleopatra.
- Return around Alanya castle.
- Arrival at Alanya harbor around 15:30.
- Dropping off the guests at the hotel or address.
Things to pay attention
General Information About Barbossa Alanya Pirate Boat Tour
Pirate boat tour is a tour that has become synonymous with Alanya. Every tourist who comes to Alanya joins the pirate boat tour at least once. Both the eye-catching architecture of the wooden boats and the activities and facilities on the boat allow you to spend quality time.
It is suitable for both families with children and groups of friends.
Your children will never be bored during the pirate boat tour. In fact, we wouldn’t be lying if we said they’d have more fun than you. The powerful imagination of children becomes even more active in such a boat. In addition, shows and group games for children allow them to have fun and make good friends with their peers.
Pirate Boat Tour Route
The pirate boat tour starts from Kaleiçi harbor in the center of Alanya. The boat proceeds around the Alanya castle. The caves around the castle are visited and swimming breaks are given. Then we will go to the Cleopatra beach on the other side of the castle.
After the break at the Cleopatra beach, the boat moves towards the bay of reach. A long break is made in Ulaş Bay. Lunch is served here. You can go ashore in Ulaş Bay and explore the bay. You can also enjoy the activities at the water sports centre.
The boat sails towards the open sea after leaving the bay of reach. A swimming break is given in the open sea. After this break, the boat continues on the same route towards the starting point.
Shows and Entertainment on the Pirate Boat Tour
There is a DJ on the boat who plays up-to-date and atmospheric music. In addition, animators in pirate outfits put on various shows. You can participate in group games organized for children and adults free of charge. You have fun with the foam party on the dance floor and watch the jumping shows.
In short, the fun never ends on the boat. If you do not want to participate, you can sunbathe in a calm atmosphere on the upper floors or enjoy the sea.
The Relationship between the History of Piracy and Alanya
The presence of pirates in the eastern Mediterranean during the Hellenistic and Ancient Greek periods was substantial. During the Hellenistic period, the pirates, who dominated only the coasts with small boats, took the entire eastern Mediterranean under their protection in time.
There were two reasons why pirates concentrated around Alanya.
- Being very close to maritime trade routes
- The fact that Alanya is a sheltered and suitable place to live in terms of its geographical features.
The pirates could easily observe the distant sea over the peninsula where the Alanya Castle is located. They could see both possible future attacks and merchant ships.
The steep slopes of the Alanya castle peninsula provided their protection. In addition, the steep Taurus mountains in the west of Alanya prevented the dangers that could come from the land.
Alanya was a sheltered place in every way, where they could watch commercial ships and was suitable for living. In short, Alanya was an indispensable shelter for pirates.
Although there is no definite information, it is thought that they stow the loot they obtained in the caves around the peninsula of Alanya castle. The pirates cave in Alanya got its name from here.